RSS

7/04/2010

Going to the Cookware Store

Going to the store to shop for cook ware is by far one of my most favourite things to do. I am not a professional chef by any means but cooking and baking are two of my favourite activities. I have just had my kitchen renovated and I have been going to the cookware store for all of my necessities almost every week so I can fill it up to the brim with everything I need so I can make the best of my kitchen and cook wonderful foods.

When I go to the cook ware store I can honestly buy the whole store because there are so many nifty tools to cook with that are so tempting to buy. In the past I used to collect items for my kitchen that I never ever used because when I purchased the tool I had no idea what to use it for. Now before I go, I usually make a list of the tools that I want to get so I do not spend too much money or buy too many items that I do not necessarily need. I have developed a new way of shopping for cook ware and that is by trying out new recipes that use obscure tools. Instead of going to the store with no idea of what I want or need I have adopted a method to only bring tools into my kitchen that I know I will use. I pick out a new recipe every week that requires a new tool to use and then I go to the store, buy it and use it. I have developed a unique collection of cooking tools by using this method and have at the same time expanded my horizons into new culinary directions and have made a lot of interesting recipes including learning how to make my own ice-cream and pastas.

As you may have been able to tell I will make any excuse to go to the cookware store for some shopping because I love being in my kitchen and cooking up recipes. Another great fun activity that I do is I bring my grand children to the cook ware store when they come to visit me. My grand children love to make cookies and one of their favourite types of cookies to make is sugar cookies. We go to the store ahead of time and I have them pick out some new cookie cutter shapes from the wall of cookie cutters at the store. There is always a new and unique shape that they pick and then we go home, roll out the dough and cut out their cookies into some new and different shapes.

No comments: